From Sunday 27th September we’ll be meeting in church on Sunday mornings at 9 and 10:45 am.
Sunday mornings in church
Please arrive in good time for our morning services, as there are new protocols which will slow down your entry into the building. We will be following Government and Church of England guidelines at our services. Initially, this will mean:
- Please sanitise your hands when you enter the church and when you leave, using the automatic dispensers provided.
- Wearing a face covering inside the building.
- We’ll be taking a note of the names and phone numbers of all who attend. The information will be kept for three weeks for “test and trace” purposes.
- We’ll measure temperatures of everyone coming into the building with an infrared, instantaneous and remote checker.
- Please observe strict social distancing, both in where you sit and as you move around the church.
- Families are asked to stay together and not to use the play area at the back of the church.
- Please follow any guidance from the sidesmen and sideswomen.
- There will be no service books or bulletins. All information will be shown on the new screen.
- There will be no congregational singing during the service.
- At the Peace, there must be no physical contact. Please remain in your places and acknowledge people from a distance.
- Bread only will be distributed at the Communion, not wine.
- No collection will be taken during the service. There will be an offertory plate at the back of the church and all donations will as ever be gratefully received.
- Tea and coffee will not be served after the service. Please leave the church promptly, continuing to observe social distancing, so that cleaning can take place. You are welcome to have conversations in the churchyard.
For the time being, church services will be a very different experience from what we are used to. We are sorry if you find the changes unwelcome, and we hope that the guidance will gradually be relaxed. For now, it is important that we all follow it carefully, and we ask for your co-operation.
The church building is currently open for private prayer Monday-Friday, 8:30-11:30am, in accordance with government and church guildelines.
A prayer of encouragement
We are not people of fear:
we are people of courage.
We are not people who protect our own safety:
we are people who protect our neighbours’ safety.
We are not people of greed:
we are people of generosity.
We are your people God,
giving and loving,
wherever we are,
whatever it costs
For as long as it takes
wherever you call us.
Barbara Glasson, President of the Methodist Conference